суббота, 30 ноября 2019 г.

Industry Rule #4080

Just a disclaimer, This IS NOT a theory, just something I found interesting. I don't believe a lot of these conspiracy theories on here, but they are all fun to read. Even the ones that seem completely ridiculous are great in my opinion. So keep them coming.
The first time I listened to the No Pressure Freestyle I was in the middle of playing Madden, so I pretty much just clicked on the YouTube notification and listened without completely paying attention. I knew that I was going to listen multiple times anyway, so I really just clicked at the moment to see if there would be an album announcement. Obviously there wasn't, but something did catch my attention.
In one line Logic says "Industry Rule number 4081, your new shit ain't good as your old shit 'Til your new shit is your old shit, son"
It caught my attention because I remembered Logic saying that in an interview. I thought it was pretty cool that he would include that in this freestyle. But then I started to wonder, why rule number 4081?
Now, I'm a big fan of rap music. I pretty much love every genre of music (except country), from every time period whether it is the 70s, 90s, etc., but I'm also only 17 years old. I don't know every line of every rap song ever made. In fact, there are some rap legends that I have never even listened to yet. This explains why I didn't get the reference.
Bobby was referencing a quote from a song called "Check The Rhime" by A Tribe Called Quest. In the song, Q-Tip says "Industry Rule #4080, record company people are shadyyyyy!" In the song, they don't really elaborate on that and the only other definition I could find for industry rule 4080 was on Urban Dictionary.
It says "By extension, a rule reminding not to trust anybody whose actions in a particular situation are driven by the urge to make money"
This immediately reminded me of all of the theories I've been seeing of Marty Randolph being the one to influence Logic to make songs flexing like he did on COADM.
It was most likely Logic just having fun, because he has talked in the past about how fun it is to make turn-up records, and this isn't to hate on COADM because I listen to the album pretty often and I like it. Just a thought.
Again, to all of the people on here who will read this and say how stupid I am for thinking it means something, I'm not saying it does. I don't believe most of the theories I see either, but I thought that this was weird because of all the theories that I've been seeing about Marty Randolph and Sellout Records.
If nothing else, this is just a really cool nod to rap legends. I realize that is probably all it is, but I already wrote out this whole thing and I'm bored rn, so I'm just gonna post it
Also, this is my first time posting, so if I messed something up I wouldn't be surprised.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

21TH OF MARCH WMCJLTV PRODUCTION TRAILER